FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE (Download a PDF of this Press Release)
CircuitMouse – “Bringing Billions of Devices to the Internet of Things”
May 15 2015 – Connect your Android device to the Internet of Things with the highly innovative CircuitMouse app.
First introduced to the market in March 2015 and built on the CircuitMouse platform, the CircuitMouse app helps control and automate the lives, products, businesses and ideas of electricians, students, DIY enthusiasts, entrepreneurs and experimenters.
For the uninitiated, the Internet of Things, or the IoT, is the network of physical ‘things’ that are embedded with electronics and software to enable them to achieve greater value by networking with the owner, and each other. All other IoT apps let your device talk to third party ‘things’, but CircuitMouse actually turns your phone into the ‘thing’.
The concept is simple – your smartphone or tablet is either plugged in or it’s not. And with this basic information, you can automate and monitor the world around you! Using the app is effortless, simply select to have something happen WHEN your device is plugged in, unplugged or both. Once you decide WHEN you CircuitMouse takes action, you can THEN tell your smartphone or tablet to create an alert, send an email, show a notification, play a song or touch a remote URL. Specify how often to REPEAT, and you’re done!
In addition to giving unused ‘drawer’ phones a new life, CircuitMouse gives additional intelligence to your ‘pocket’ phone by tapping into the predictable behavior of plugging and unplugging your phone.
Here’s just a taste of what you can do with this amazing app:
- Test standard electric circuits – perfect for electricians, landlords and do-it-yourselfers.
- Let someone know when you’ve started/stopped a vehicle – when CircuitMouse detects a change in the charging state of your device, it can send an email to any recipient. Great for alerting someone you’re setting off or creating an alert to remind you buy some groceries on the way home.
- Monitor your home while on vacation – rest easy while on vacation. CircuitMouse can alert you if the power drops out. No more frozen pipes or plants!
- Reminders – most people charge their smartphones when they go to bed, so if you need reminding of something on a night or the next morning when you unplug your device, CircuitMouse has you covered.
- Monitor electric supply in a remote location – simply plug in a phone with the CircuitMouse app installed and be alerted to power drop-outs. Ideal for mission-critical heating, cooling and security at unmanned properties.
CircuitMouse is available to download from the Google Play store for FREE and is compatible with devices running Android 4.4 and up.
Download CircuitMouse today and put your unused smartphones and tablets to good use in a remarkable way. – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.circuitmouse.android
Notes to Editors